What is the first thing you notice when you meet someone for the very first time? Shoes definitely form part of my first impressions. Some say, the shoes you wear say something about your personality and i totally agree. Shoes can make or break an outfit. They also have the power to change an outfit all together.
Leather shoes, when well cared for, can last for a long while but the last is first determined by the quality of leather. I agree that cheap is expensive but its not always the rule on my end. It all narrows down to having an eye for quality even if the shoe is a bargain.
Allow me to enlighten you with a few pointers, on how to take care of that well sought pair you have lying somewhere in your closet.
- First and foremost before making a purchase, ensure the shoe fits perfectly. We all know the feeling you get after buying something that you adore only to discover later it doesn’t fit right. Besides bad fit easily deforms the pair and you end up with you bunions on the feet, and we wouldn’t want that.
- Always clean the leather with leather cleaner which is mostly made from sprays, paste or foams and leave them to dry completely before storing them. It can be purchased at any local supermarket or online on Jumia.
- Keep them away from direct sunlight. I plead guilty on doing the exact opposite and the aftermath is the extreme drying causes the leather to crack.
- If by any chance your shoes get drenched in water, all you need to do is allow them dry in room temperature and they will be good to go.
- Last but not least, store them with moisture absorbents and away from dust.
I recently got my hands on a this pair and thus far i have had some great compliments. I’ll definitely be showing you guys how i get to style them so stay tuned. Thanks for the read and i appreciate your feedback. Stay blessed. Lots of love from my end.
Photos by : Mwasphotography
Shoes : Toy Market